It seems Microsoft changed something between their last preview releases and the final, RTM build of SQL Server 2008, and this broke ViEmu/SQL 2008. Technically, I was QueryInterface’ing the provided application object pointer for a DTE interface, which works for SQL Server 2005 and the preview builds of SQL Server 2008, but didn’t work (returned null) for the final build of SQL Server 2008 Management Studio. I found an alternate method to get to the DTE object: the AddInInstance object has a get_DTE() method which returns the sought-after DTE object. I changed this, checked it to work on both SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005, and built 2.2.7 fixing this. Here is the link to download it:
This will automatically upgrade your existing installation if there is one.