Re: ViEmu incorrectly installed message under VS 2008

It's actually related to the trial period control code, so it does indeed go away if not in trial mode. Just in case someone who has a licensed copy stumbles into it. Thanks Rikkus!

-- Jon

Hi,
I am currently evaluating ViEmu with VS 2005 and unfortunately I have also run into the same issue. Could you please pass on the fix for this issue.

Thanks.

ghostkadost,

Apologies for the delay, I am sending you a fix by email right now.

Regards,

- Jon

I just ran into this problem with the trial ViEmu and VS 2008.  Could you please send the fix?

Thanks

Steve, I'm doing this right now.

- Jon

I am also experiencing the same problem with VS2008. Could I get that fix please?

jonsosbe, I also sent it to you a minute ago.

admin wrote:

ghostkadost,

Apologies for the delay, I am sending you a fix by email right now.

Regards,

- Jon

Hi,
I guess your email ended up in spam queue and got deleted. I had not checked the forum for some time and did not realize that you have already sent the fix. Can you send the fix again.
My apologies for not checking the email and forum.

ghostkadost, just done it again. Regards, - Jon

May I have the fix too, please?  -Larry

losterman, just sent it to you. Regards, -- Jon

Hi Jon,

I encountered the same problem. I installed and reinstalled many times. But it is still there. Could you please send me the fix? Thanks a lot. -Jack

muaw, sure, I'm sending it your way.

Jon,

I've come across a similar issue - though in my case it's VS 2005. Does ViEmu need a working internet connection during install?

thanks,
Thomas

Dispanser, no connection is needed. The problem above is related to the trial-period management code, which can be flaky at times due to its very nature. The version of VS is not important. I will get in touch with you and send you a fix.

Regards,

Jon

Jon,

thank you very much. I want to use VS2005 + VAX + ViEmu and need to evaluate the whole package first. One remaining question (despite the open issue mentioned above) is that the development machine will never (not even for a minute) be connected to the internet, does the full license work in an offline mode (e.g. by entering a code or something)?

thx

Thomas

Dispanser, ViEmu does not require an Internet connection at all. You will need to bring the installation file to install it, and it will work right away. After the trial period, you will have to copy the license key file received with the order email, but you can copy it using a pendrive, CD, or whatever. ViEmu does no online checks at all.

I hope you received the fix for the "Incorrectly Installed" problem, and that everything is fine for you to use ViEmu. Let me know if anything else acts up.

Best regards,

-- Jon

Hi, I have this problem:

I installed ViEmu a long time ago, but I had VCExpress so I couldn't try it.
I installed VS2008 this morning and I got that popup
"ViEmu incorrectly installed, please reinstall"
I downloaded the latest version from your site and installed it
(I didn't remove the previous version because I couldn't find it in the windows program uninstall list)

How can I fix this ?

Thank you

FranckSpike, I'm sending this to you by email.  - Jon

Hi, I have this problem:

I installed ViEmu a long time ago, but I had VCExpress so I couldn't try it.
I installed VS2008 this morning and I got that popup
"ViEmu incorrectly installed, please reinstall"
I downloaded the latest version from your site and installed it
(I didn't remove the previous version because I couldn't find it in the windows program uninstall list)

How can I fix this ?

Thank you

francois.maheux@frimastudio.com

Francois, I just sent it to your new email address you just provided (I'd suggest you removing it from here, to avoid any extra unwanted spam).

Regards,

-- Jon

Dispanser, ViEmu does not require an Internet connection at all. You will need to bring the installation file to install it, and it will work right away. After the trial period, you will have to copy the license key file received with the order email, but you can copy it using a pendrive, CD, or whatever. ViEmu does no online checks at all.

I hope you received the fix for the "Incorrectly Installed" problem, and that everything else is fine for you to use ViEmu. Let me know if anything else acts up.

Best regards,

-- Jon

Hey Jon,
same problem as everyone else, ViEmu 2.2.9, Visual Studio 2008 Professional. Would really appreciate the fix, because this looks like it could take away the pain of working with VS hmm

NL

NL, the fix is on the way to you via email.

- Jon

Could you please re-send it? Technical difficulty on my part, I'm very sorry to say (turns out, if you redirect your mails to gogglemail.com, you do not get them in your gmail ;p)