Re: Visual Studio 2010

Silicon, with regards to ci{ inserting two 'z' characters (zz), I'd wager that is a problem of having some mapping in viemurc from 'c' or 'i' or '{' to a string containing zz. Since you are adding that to j, k, and other commands, it's likely that it's getting in the way. I'm unsure whether it can be a ViEmu bug, or something resulting logically from your _viemurc. Let me know if you look into it and can't figure out what's happening, or mainly if you find out that it's a ViEmu issue! -- Jon

Has mapping keys to visual studio commands been implemented for VS2010?

I have the following in my _viemurc file (among other things):

map <C-k> gS:vsc Edit.CommentSelection<CR>

Nothing happens when I press ctrl-k.  I have verified that ctrl-k is not mapped to anything else in the VS Tools->Options->Keyboard section.

Any thoughts?

Just installed Beta5 on VS2010 and noticed a conflict with ReSharper 5.1. When option "highlight current line" is enabled the ViEmu cursor becomes almost invisible - looks like ReSharper is drawing highlight color right over the cursor so that only a few pixels remain visible.

Sergey, indeed, there can be ordering problems between the layers/adornments of the different add-ins. The VS adornment model is limited and doesn't allow controlling the ordering of adornments between separate 3rd party add-ins (only with regards to the stock ones in VS). It's a tricky issue. I think it doesn't always happen, anyway, reinstalling might help.

We'll look into it and see what can be done.

Regards,

-- Jon

Dreyln, the problem is that ViEmu doesn't recognize Ctrl-K yet. If you map it to something else, it should work. - Jon

Disabling/enabling "Editor > highlight current line" option helped.

I see.  I decided to set it up using "\" as a leader char.  I like the multiple-key-chord mapping support!  Nice!

Hmm.... not working so well after all.

It looks like if I have something like this:

map \c gS:vsc Edit.CommentSelection<CR>

just pressing "c" will comment the current line without invoking the leader char ("\")

Am I doing something wrong?

Nevermind.  I started to think that "\" might have a special syntax for mapping and that was the case.  I used <Bslash> and now it works perfectly.

Sorry for the false alarm!

Last edited by dreyln (2010-06-10 23:01:46)

Dreyln, indeed, or I think just using \\ would help, too. If someone is really interested I can look it up.

Sergey, just for confirmation, are you talking about R#'s "highlight current line"? Thanks!

Is it only me?

Since this morning (21-June-2010) ViEmu (for VS 2010) stopped to respond.
VS behaves as without ViEmu installed

Enabling / Disabling - does not produce any difference.
Re-installation - either.

Was working fine on Friday (19-June-2010)

Latest one installed: Beta 5
Extension manager reports Version: 1.0.0.5

Any suggestions highly appreciated!

Last edited by arttam (2010-06-21 11:03:25)

Arttam, apologies, this is the trial period running out without warning. Beta 6 due out this week will fix this. I am emailing you a temporary key to keep using it meanwhile. Regards, - Jon

Request:
I don't know if ViEmu has any control over this, but sometimes I need to press ESC 2 or more times to get back to normal mode.  I'm sure it has to do with all the intellisense junk (and ReSharper probably adds more gum to the works...), but it is annoying to press ESC and start navigating, only to see j's and k's appearing.
Thanks.
(Looking forward to the next version...)

Jon,

Thanks!

I'm able to work again!

Good luck with your endeavours!

Number8, we are aiming at having a fully-working ViEmu/VS2010 for an official release very soon. I want to have an official release soon for those who don't use R# or VAX, so we are delaying fixing the interactions with Resharper and Visual Assist to after that. Most likely, we'll invest the month of July in getting ViEmu/VS2010 to work great with R# and VAX, and we'll have another release after that (2.6?).

Thank you for being patient meanwhile, and I hope in the end we will get a great interaction with VS2010 and all other popular 3rd party add-ons.

Regards,

-- Jon

Beta6 is stunning - feels pretty close to RC. All my keymappings are working (ctrl/shift/alt) and it's great to have folding support again. These were the two features I missed the most. Many thanks.

Beta 6 is now out, should help in a few areas:

http://www.viemu.com/blog/2010/06/24/viemuvs2010-beta-6/

Silicon, thanks much for the compliment. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Hopefully we can get to RC in a few days!

-- Jon

Just a few folding bugs:

When the cursor is on a collapsed section, Shift-Y hangs the IDE.

When the cursor is on a collapsed section and it's selected first (Shift-V), then Shift-Y doesn't hang the IDE, but the entire file's contents is copied instead of only the collapsed section.

With the cursor one line above a collapsed section, Shift-V, J correctly selects the line above and including the collapsed section, but Shift-Y still copies the entire file's contents. However, with the cursor on the actual line of the collapsed section, Shift-V, J selects the collapsed section and one line below it, and in this instance, the selection (only - not entire file) is correctly copied.

With the cursor on the same line as a collapsed section, Shift-O correctly inserts a line above the collapsed segment, but O doesn't insert a line below the expanded section, but instead above it, without the cursor moving down a line, effectively staying on the same line as the collapsed section.

Last edited by Silicon (2010-06-24 11:17:48)

Thanks much for the detailed feedback!

How can i start a new thread in this VB 2010

ViEmu/VS2010 Beta 7 is now ready:

Closer and closer to the mythical RC, but not quite there yet. Main missing things: settings, docs, a bit more polish. Things we won't do until after release: other 3rd-party add-in compat, performance.

Thanks for all the feedback and please keep it coming!

admin wrote:

ViEmu/VS2010 Beta 7 is now ready:

Closer and closer to the mythical RC, but not quite there yet. Main missing things: settings, docs, a bit more polish. Things we won't do until after release: other 3rd-party add-in compat, performance.

Thanks for all the feedback and please keep it coming!

For the last few betas that I've used (5, 6, and now 7), there's no visual indication / highlight of lines that are selected with Visual select with the exception of (in my testing) when editing CSS files.  .cs, .aspx, .ascx, and .js do not show the selection.

Also, it seems as the C-u and C-d don't work.

Overall though, so far, great work!

Beta 7 is great (many fixes). Starts feeling like the old ViEmu - full house ;-)
Many thanks!

Sdbarker: can you go to Tools|Options|Environment|Fonts&Colors and change "ViEmu visual selection" color? Also, do you have any other 3rd party add-in? Finally, using ViEmu|Set Keybindings should fix the C-u/C-d issue.

Peter (Silicon): thanks much for the kind comment. We hope we'll have the full thing very, very soon now!

Apologies to everyone for the time it's taking to have this finished. Great software takes time.

> Great software takes time.

As much an art as a science ;-)

> As much an art as a science ;-)

And the science part of it is not demonstrated smile