Re: Visual Studio 2008 Licensing Issues

Hello:

I've been e-mailing support but they haven't gotten back to me in a week - I'm hoping someone here may have some insight. wink

I have Visual Studio 2008 (with Visual Assist installed, in case it's relevant), and I installed ViEmu.  I convinced my manager it was worth buying for me, and he promptly got someone with a company credit card to buy it.

They sent me the license, which I promptly cut and paste into the dialog box that popped up - it told me to restart, and then notifies me that my license key is invalid.

We just received the license two weeks ago, so I know it's a current license. The license says it expires in 2011-07-29, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Pertinent details:

- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Visual Studio 2008 w/ Visual Assist X
- ... Not sure what else to mention.  Ask if you need more details!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly take any of them.  It feels unclean to not have normal mode at my beck and call. wink

Re: Visual Studio 2008 Licensing Issues

Eddie, my apologies! We are overwhelmed with support points related to the new-style licenses. I'm sending you an email in a minute, as the problem is related to your license, which seems to have been altered from the moment the license generator sent it, via the purchase agent, via your company, in the way to you. We will have you up and running in a few minutes. My apologies again for the delay.

Regards,

-- Jon