Re: Automatic switching to insert mode with VAX

When I press Enter to select an item from the "VA Find References Result" to jump to where the reference is, VIEmu switches to insert mode.

I don't know if this is a feature or a conflict with Visual Assist X, but personally I'd rather find myself in normal mode.

Is there an option that I missed, a work around or any plan to handle this ?

Thank you,
Davide

I'd like to add that in fact, I find myself often in insert mode regardless of VAssist.
For example, _sometimes_ when jumping from the Error List window.

My hope would be to be always in normal mode..

Thank you,
Davide

Oh.. an ironic spambot wink

Indeed, it's such a good spam-post that I just edited out the signature and left it there smile

Regarding the main point, I will look into this and other pending support issues as soon as the most pressing issues, finalizing ViEmu 2.5 and Codekana 1.5, and making the ViEmu/VS2010 beta available, are done. They are both slated for the next very few weeks, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Coexisting with other 3rd party add-ons is always difficult and problematic, sorry about that.

Regards,

-- Jon

Cool, I can certainly wait for that.

Keep up the good work 8)

Thank you,
Davide

Oops, I erased the spambot's post, now the thread doesn't make sense smile

Let's see if we can look into this soon, sorry I haven't been able to so far.

Regards,

- Jon

In the meantime I can confirm that it still happens with VS 2008, with ViEmu 2.5.4 and Visual Assist X 10.6.1830.0

Thanks 8)

Ok, thanks to you! We'll try to address this soon. Right now, I'm actually debugging an issue with Visual Assist in VS2010!