Re: Dvorak Keyboard -How About Key Remapping In ViEmu for Word and Outlook

Somehow I got it to work for ViEmu in Visual Studio.  (It was hard, and I don't remember how I did it).  It seems ViEmu for Word and Outlook doesn't have as many options though.  Mostly I need it for the navigation keys.  Here's from my regular .vimrc:

" These are for Dvorak
" d>h Left
" h>j Down
" t>k Up
" n>l Right
" l>n Next (after search)
" e>d Delete
noremap d h
noremap h j
noremap t k
noremap n l
noremap l n
noremap e d

I'm not a paying customer, but I will be if I can do that :-)

Hi dwinker,

I'll have a look at it and let you know. The mapping core in the Word version is exactly the same as in the Visual Studio version, so it should work equally well (my admittedly simple usual mappings do), but it's easy there is some kind of interaction.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jon

Hi Dwinker,

I did the tests with QWERTY, which is what I use, but I don't think that should make a difference.

I first tried typing the :noremap commands above one by one in Word, and they just worked fine. I have 1.0.3 installed, but it should be ok with 1.0.2 too, as there have been no changes in the runtime.

I then copied the "noremap" lines above, saved them as "_viemuwrc" in my user directory (in my case, "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\"), started Word, and your mappings were working fine.

I guess you didn't save it with that name, or in that place.

Please let me know if you can get it to work, or whether there is something else that needs addressing.

Best regards,

Jon