Re: ViEmu Beta 5 stopped working

Hi Jon

The beta is no longer working (suddenly today). The ViEmu menu is there and it's enabled, but it's as if it's inactive. I thought it may be because today is 30 days after I installed beta 1 so I tried to upgrade (the $29 for existing customers) so that I can enter my license info, but I can't find that functionality on the website - only full purchase for $99. Please let me know if this (expiry) is indeed the issue, and if so, how I can upgrade my current license.

Many thanks
Pete.

ViEmu Beta 5 stopped working for me too Jon.  I thought perhaps the uninstall and reinstall I performed today or the license issue may have caused it too.  Not sure.

Hello,

Indeed, this is the embarrassing result of two embarrassing issues:

1) The beta trial period is time-limited to 30-days. The final version should be out there, and the way to upgrade support to cover the new version should be out there, but none of both is.

2) There is a bug in the trial-period-expiry notification dialog and it doesn't show up

My apologies for the poor user experience. I will send you an email with a tempory license in a moment, and apart from this, we will be releasing a Beta6 with these issues corrected and an longer trial period this week.

If anyone experiences it too, just post here and I'll email you a way to unlock it.

Sorry again & thanks for your patience,

-- Jon

Hi Jon

No need to apologise, apart from the beta being free (nothing to complain about) the problem is not a "poor user experience" but the fact that (even in beta form) it's just so useful that life without it creates some rather unpleasant withdrawal symptoms ;-)

Many thanks for the fix.

Cheers
Pete.

The extended license breathed life into ViEmu.  Thank you!

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Would you mind sending me a temporary license for the beta period as well? 

Looking forward to paying you my $29 when the full version comes around. ;-)

I am experiencing the same issue.

- Joey

Bmsullivan, Joeyv9, I'm emailing you with the fix now. Regards & apologies, - Jon

Also the same issue.

Thanks,
  -- m.

Same issue for me.

Thanks!
Greg

Hey -- Same issue for me.

Thanks!

Chris

Same issue here. Thanks!

Perren, Greglev, Jlazer, Eric: emailing all of you now. Apologies! - Jon

I need this as well

mphafner, just sent it to you.

Business:
I need a temporary license key as well since my Beta 5 stopped working.

Enthusiast:
It's been a wonderful beta experience! Thanks for keeping everything transparent.

Same here. Not working.

Thanks in advance..

Dustin,

Business: Done, just sent you by email.

Enthusiast: Thanks so much!

-- Jon

Mine stopped working too - really brings home how much I rely on viemu wink

Same here

-Ahmed

Hotfigs, Ahmed, just install Beta6 and you should be good to go until July 1, when I hope either Beta 7 (or even better RC1) is out there!

http://www.viemu.com/blog/2010/06/24/viemuvs2010-beta-6/

Regards,

- Jon