Re: visual mode per character selection wierdness

I have a problem when selecting characters in "visual mode mode per character".

In gvim, if I type "$vhhhy", I've yanked 4 characters.

If i do this in ViEmu, I've only yanked 3 characters (the last character on the line is not yanked).

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there some setting I can change to switch this behavior to what I expect it to be?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, you are right. ViEmu implements vim's "selection=exclusive" setting. This is by default in Windows, where I learned using vim, and I learned about "inclusive" mode later.

This is planned for implementation in a future release, I apologize for the hassles meanwhile!

Best regards,

Jon

I just installed ViEmu, and I love it, best thing to happen to Visual Studio.

I ran across this same issue, and I'm wondering if it is fixed in 2.1?

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the kind comment. Unfortunately, I still haven't had the time to implement other selection modes. It's still planned for a future release. And, since I started using 'inclusive' mode selection in vim after learning about it, I really want to have it for myself too smile

Regards,

Jon

If you're keeping track of popularity I would like this as well.

public string DB1

if I have my cursor on the 1 and go V 2B I don't get the last character selected.  Huge pain in the butt especially since viemu nuked my Ctrl + Shift + Left to select a word mapping.

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to review it shortly and include some fix in one of the next builds, at least restoring the behavior of Ctrl-Shift-Left.

Regards,

Jon