Re: Setting a number mark crashes VS

Hi there,

I've encountered some strange behaviour in ViEmu. Whenever i want to set a mark, everythings fine except if the marks name is a number. That means, a command like "m3" will crash VS2005 here.

I'm using VS2005 SP 1 with ViEmu 2.1.11 (The version of yesterday). It doesn't make any difference if the option "Insert a Visual Studio mark when a ViEmu mark is set" is on or off. The only other plugin installed is AnkSVN.

Can you reproduce this behaviour, or is it just my VS2005 (which quite likely is the case, but i'm not sure...)?

Greetings

Duh! Happens here too right away, must be some stupid oversight. I'll prepare a new build tomorrow and let you know, I'll post a link here as soon as it is ready.

Thanks and best regards,

Jon

Fixed it, and uploaded a new build, 2.1.12:

http://www.viemu.com/ViEmuVS-2.1.12.msi

You need to manually uninstall the previous version before installing this one.

This had been broken for some time... I also found out the global mark positions were not being updated properly after doing changes to a file. This had been broken since the release of ViEmu/Word&Outlook (they share the core vi/vim emulation code, and I had improperly adjusted the ViEmu/VS glue code to the updated interfaces). I've fixed that too.

Best regards,

Jon

Thanks for the fix, works like expected now.

But theres one other question i have:

Is it intended behaviour that, whilst inserting a ViEmu mark inserts also a corresponding VS mark (given the corresponding option is enabled), deleting the mark with :delm mark does not delete the VS mark?

The reason i'm asking is because while i don't use VS bookmarks, they are useful for displaying where the marks are. But having this functionality (to delete a VS mark with :delm) would of course also require that VS marks automatically get deleted if a mark gets "overwritten", and of course it'd have to work with global marks too.

If that's the intended behaviour it's perfectly fine, but how do you use the ViEmu and VS marks together, if at all? (some shortcut, like the default Ctrl+K, Ctrl+K, doesn't fit the vim-way of editing at all)

Greetings

Yes, the "insert VS mark" behavior is pretty primitive. I do plan to add a visual representation of ViEmu's named marks some time in the future, which would be the best solution. Meanwhile, the current solution is just a temporary fix, and you need to remove them manually if you move the VS ones. It would not be very easy to detect whether the given VS mark was inserted by ViEmu or not in order to remove them, and in any case I think the "proper" long-term solution is to add actual visualization of ViEmu marks, rather than trying to make ViEmu marking interact well with VS's anonymous marks.

Regards,

Jon