Re: Send command mode command for Outlook?

When using Outlook, is there a send command mode command for sending the email? I keep finding myself typing :w in an attempt to send the email which of course tries to save it.

Thanks,
Richard

Indeed, this is something several other people (and myself) are missing. I tried to implement a :send command, or to get :w to send it, but it turned out it was a pretty complex issue to implement. ViEmu actually talks to the "Word" part of Outlook, which is used to compose the email. It needs to talk to the "Outlook" part in order to send the email, which is across a process boundary and thus requires some kind of inter-process COM access, which is pretty complex to get right. Additionally, Outlook versions 2003 and earlier, and Outlook 2007 architecture are very different in this area.

In short: I plan to add it in a future version of ViEmu/Word&Outlook, it's just not there yet.

Regards,

Jon

Thanks for the update Jon. I'm using Outlook 2007 if there's any sort of voting system!

Richard

It is in any case an indirect voting system! The more I get asked about something the higher it gets in my non-official "priority order", and I also have more information about how people are using it - so thanks for letting me know!

I would really love a feature like this.

For me personally, I would love to have "wq" send the e-mail, and "w" maybe do the save action that it currently does. I always find myself typing "wq," and it seems to make more sense for this action since you're committing to close the window.

Perhaps "wq" could just send a Ctrl-Return keystroke or something? I don't know how this plug-in integration stuff operates, but that would do it if it's possible.

Bakuretsu, thanks for the feedback and describing the feature in detail.

Actually 'faking' input is very problematic and not reliable, so I will leave this pending until I can implement a bridge to the Outlook object model.

I've taken note of your request and will let you know when something is ready, although it will definitely take a while.

Regards,

Jon