Re: ViEmu in Outlook/Word 2007: undo and table behaviour

Hello

1. When you tab from one table cell to another in Word/Outlook, the cell is highlighted as if pressed v on entering the cell. Then when you press h, j, k, or l more text is highlighted. Please do not switch to v mode when moving between cells (or at least allow the option of disabling this behaviour).

2. Sometimes, I've made a change in one part of a document and moved down then made another change. I've wanted to undo the last change but instead both changes were undone when I pressed u. For example, I typed a sentence then hit return and typed another sentence. If I press u, both sentences are removed. Word is more granular if you use CTRL-Z, undoing a word at a time. Please make the default undo behaviour (using u) more granular.

Thanks

Praful

Please could someone respond to these questions?

Thanks

Praful

Hello Praful,

Apologies for the delay in answering.

Table cell moving behavior: that shouldn't happen. I have just checked it with the latest version, and it doesn't happen here (Windows Vista, Word 2007, ViEmu 2.5.4 for Word&Outlook). How are you moving from one cell to another? The standard methods are j/k and gj/gk, also w and b can move to the next/previous cell. ViEmu definitely doesn't enter visual mode automatically.

Second, undo: ViEmu should detect the movement of the cursor and break the actions. How are you moving from one point to another? That could be the cause.

Regards,

- Jon

Hi Jon

Unfortunately my trial has expired so I can't check. I was running 2.5.4 at the time. I can't try it now but perhaps I was using tab to move?

I need to recall my evaluation. Perhaps there was enough to buy it!

Praful

Hi Jon

OK - I've now purchased ViEmu for Outlook/Word 2007. I'm using it in Office

1. ViEmu switches to selection mode if you use TAB to move between cells. The
standard methods you mentioned (j/k/b/w) work fine.

2. If I type "hello world <CR> goodbye world" where CR = Enter key then I
press ESC then u to undo, all text is removed: both the "hello world" and
"goodbye world". Is that what you'd expect?

Thanks again

Praful