Re: Ex mode Ctrl+r 0 incompatible with vim

In vim I frequently do

yw <-- yank current word to the default register
:s/[Ctrl+r] 0 <-- in vim this will put the content of the default register 0 after the slash.

This doesn't work in viemu. I hope this was comprehensible :-)

hmm.. the <-- is an arrow to signify that my comment begins and not part of the commands. It's obvious when you know it but might confuse if you don't.

Hi mopi,

This is indeed an interaction between ViEmu's usage of the Windows clipboard and lack of full implementation of the numeric registers. By default, the setting "Default to Windows Clipboard" is enabled in Tools|Options|ViEmu. Thus, the yank you are doing is going to the windows clipboard. You can recall it from the ex command line with Ctrl-R, " (<quote>) or Ctrl-R, *, or even Ctrl-R "any random char not recognized as a register", including Ctrl-R Ctrl-R (I know this triggers special behavior in vim, in ViEmu, it's just not interpreted).

If you disable the above setting in Tools|Options|ViEmu, Ctrl-R, 0 (<zero>) will correctly recall the last yank, but you won't have the useful defaulting to the windows system clipboard.

Hopefully this was comprehensible too smile

Regards,

Jon

You are correct. I must have slipped or something when I tried it.

Ctrl-r * does indeed paste words that have been yanked with yw

Thank you.

Actually you were right - Ctrl-R <zero> doesn't work fine if ViEmu is configured to use the Windows clipboard by default. But I'm glad you can make it work using Ctrl-R * in any case!

Regards,

Jon