Re: First preview release of ViEmu/Word&Outlook 1.5

I've just uploaded the 1.5.0 build of ViEmu/Word&Outlook:

http://www.viemu.com/ViEmuWO-1.5.0.msi

No need to uninstall anything, it will automatically upgrade any previous version.

It incorporates all the latest changes added for ViEmu/VS and /SQL 2.2: gt/gT, gp/gP, even i'/a'/i"/a" motions which here understand smart quotes, and this is was quite some work to define sensibly to work compatibly with vim when only ASCII quotes are used, and still blend nicely with Word's directional smart quotes. ViEmu will even correctly understand nested quotes, which is impossible with just ASCII, and probably no that important in the grand scheme of things (but I'm a perfectionist, what can you do...).

Also, specifically for Outlook, and while I implement direct-email-send functionality from the ex command line, either using :send or :wq, I've made :wq and ZZ not do anything and warn you that you should use Ctrl-Return or Ctrl-F4. It could be somewhat confusing the way it was.

There are only a couple of outstanding issues with the latest and greatest ViEmus (2.2 for VS and SQL , and this 1.5 for Word and Outlook):

1) I have a report from a customer that ViEmu/Word works fine on his system but the settings button doesn't bring up the dialog, which is a bit weird but hopefully reasonably easy to fix. This is the only issue that makes it a non-definitive build.

2) It seems RETURN sometimes works weirdly in normal mode in ViEmu/VS at one customer's place. I've been unable to reproduce it this far, and I hope that logs from his install will help me resolve the issue.

So, as soon as I have fixed these two, and any other thing that you report, I will be ready to officially release these new versions! Hopefully this will happen next week.

So thanks if you decide to download & try the above build, and I will be really grateful for any feedback you can provide!