Re: Movement: fc Fc doesn't work..

Hi,

I notice a very very handy movement command doesn't work in ViEmu 2.2.6, the movement command that specifies "next, previous occurrence of character c".. i.e. the movement from the cursor point to the next occurrence of any character c.

The command is as follows (taken from the vim quick reference card http://www.digilife.be/quickreferences/QRC/VIM%20Quick%20Reference%20Card.pdf)

"Complex Movement:
fc Fc ... next, previous occurrence of character c"

so the command:

"df|" would delete all the text between the cursor and the next occurring pipe character. A really handy thing!

All the best,

Kenny

Kenny,

This is weird. It is a very common command (I use it all the time), and it has been supported for ages. Can you give a bit more background about a way to reproduce it? Please include the VS version you are working with, what programming language files you are editing, what your local settings are, and detailed steps to reproduce the problem.

Please try it with other characters than the pipe, preferably regular alphabetic characters. If it only happens with the pipe, and since this character is placed in very different places on different international keyboard layouts, it might be a problem with the specific layout.

Regards,

-- Jon

Hi,

It's working now, so must have been a temporary glitch - sorry for the false bug report smile

Once the command was entered, the system speaker made a beep if that's any use.

VS2005 V8.0.50727.762.

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny, thanks for posting back. Let me know if it happens again. The beep happens when the character is not found, so there must have been some extraneous circumstance.

Regards,

-- Jon