Re: For switch Insert mode to normal mode I have to keydown Shift+ESC

hello! Administrator,
I using Viemu for visual studio2005,when I switch Insert mode to normal mode,I have to key down Shift+ESC but not ESC,
how can I set, that I can change mode from insert to normal by ESC ?
thank u !

It's most probably due to an interaction with some other 3rd party add-in. Visual Assist, CodeRush (or another DevExpress add-in like Refactor!) or Resharper are the most likely culprits. Please post the info from Help|About for further help, there are ways to fix the problem with any of these, but the instructions are probably different.

-- Jon

admin wrote:

It's most probably due to an interaction with some other 3rd party add-in. Visual Assist, CodeRush (or another DevExpress add-in like Refactor!) or Resharper are the most likely culprits. Please post the info from Help|About for further help, there are ways to fix the problem with any of these, but the instructions are probably different.

-- Jon

yes, I have some other 3rd party add-in, include Visual Assist, and Refactor!

Showland, if that's the case, this is a well-known problem with DevExpress' DXCore. To fix it, you need to change Refactor settings so that it passes Esc keypresses through after it's done with them. Here is a detailed description of how to address this:

http://www.viemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=269

HTH.

Regards,

-- Jon