Re: Issue with repeat last action command (.)

Hi Jon,

I'm currently going through my code updating my Doxygen comments, and have the need (desire? smile) to put full stops at the end of my comments (for consistency). What I want to be able to do is add a full stop to the end of the line:

A.<ESC>

Then for other lines, I just want to repeat the end action:

But this doesn't appear to work. It simply adds the period inside the current line wherever the cursor happens to be rather than appending to the end of the line. I did a few experiments and I have found that appending a single period is the only thing that doesn't work! If I append ANYTHING else (eg, .<SPACE> or .. or XYZ) it works fine, but a single period doesn't.

To reproduce, just run: A.<ESC>
Then move your cursor to another line (make sure it's not at the end of the line) and hit: .

You should (hopefully) see the issue.

Can you please confirm this is a problem? Or is it something I'm doing? smile

Cheers
OJ

Last edited by TheColonial (2007-08-18 23:06:06)

OJ,

You just discovered an internal ViEmu bug that has been reported for some time. It's the result of an interaction of the keypress ('.') being the same as the actual character that's going to be inserted, with the Intellisense-integration code (proper integration requires using some contorted means to process insert mode input). I hope to fix this in a future build. Meanwhile, maybe you could try to work around by typing "a<backspace>." instead of just the dot?

Regards,

Jon

Hi Jon,

As always your prompt feedback is greatly appreciated. Sorry for bringing up an old issue.

Love ya work!
OJ

OJ, no problem at all - my fault for not having fixed it already! It's more difficult than it sounds, really smile

Thanks for the praises!

Jon