Re: '%' matches parens inside quotes

in viEmu for VS, given this text:

if ( foo = "this )" ) ...

placing the curser on the opening paren of the boolean test, and pressing '%' will result in the cursor placed on the ')' that is within the string literal. The same is true with braces.

In gvim, the correct behaviour is observed (matching doesn't look inside string literals).

Any plans on this one?

Thanks,
Afton.

Hi Afton,

Indeed, ViEmu doesn't perform any lexical analysis. I've thought about installing a bridge between ViEmu and Codekana, which does complete lexical analysis, so that ViEmu will get its concept of matches from Codekana. That would help in this and many other cases - simple cases aren't, but the full version of the problem is non-trivial!

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Regards,

- Jon

admin wrote:

I've thought about installing a bridge between ViEmu and Codekana, which does complete lexical analysis, so that ViEmu will get its concept of matches from Codekana.

---OOooooh. Cross-marketing! I like it. smile

Last edited by afton (2007-10-15 13:35:49)

Glad you like the idea smile

Seriously, such a bridge could be useful for other things too. So we'll see, I still have to think all of this through.

Speaking of cross-marketing...I just downloaded the trial of ViEmu...it is most excellent and I am now curious about Codekana....can they co-exist in VS2005 (and/or VS2008)? Any gotchas?

I'm new to VS and I'm glad there is such a nice Vi tool for it (I started on Vi on HP/Dec/SunOS/etc., then Linux, then Eclipse Vi plugin, now VS...)

Thanks for the great tools!

basslover, ViEmu and Codekana work perfectly fine together. I use both of them fulltime for my own development. It's been heavily tested in VS.NET 2003 and VS2005, and it's been somewhat tested on VS2008 since they were just Orcas CTP preview builds. There shouldn't be  any problem.

Best regards and thanks for the kind comment,

Jon