Re: Can ViEmu 2.1 work with VS2008 (beta)?

I know the official line is VS2005 but I am wondering if VS2008 is a totally different animal? For reasons beyond my control I am forced to use the VS2008 beta and would love to be able to use ViEmu with it.

Hi,

Have you tried it? It should actually just work right away. I added support and tested it in one of the 2.1.x builds, so it should work with the latest version - it's available from the front page, or from the sticky post at the top of the forums. It was just a matter of adding the correct registry entries and a couple of minor modifications - the internal interfaces is just the same as VS2005.

Let me know if something doesn't work as expected.

Regards,

Jon

A new download of 2.1 did the trick, thanks much.
I did not realize that under the same 2.1 label there are newer builds available.

Good to know that it works fine. "2.1" is the public nickname for all 2.1.x versions. I post about them at the top of the forums, and once in a while, when the current latest-build has proved itself fine, I "promote" it to the official 2.1. Thus, downloading from the main download links gets you the latest proven build. The detailed version number can be checked in Help|About or in Tools|Options|ViEmu - it would probably be clearer to have the filename reflect the exact build, I'll consider it for the next web update.

Regards,

Jon

Has anyone tried ViEmu with the RTM of VS 2008? I'm keen to upgrade but I can't live without ViEmu!!!

Thanks,

I have tested it, it works fine. Another user reported some minor glitch while editing XAML source (the cursor moves one cell if you Alt-Tab to another app and back), I will be looking into it, but else it should be no problem.

I posted about this the day after VS2008 RTM was released, in the new ViEmu-specific blog:

http://www.viemu.com/blog/

I will have to sprinkle a few links to this blog here and there and notify all current customers by email, so that nobody misses it. It will be a good place for news & announcements.

Regards,

- Jon