Re: Can you highlight the found words/pattern in Visual Studio?

after "/" searching the words, it would be nice seeing those words all hightlighted all over the screen.

cheers.

I'm planning that for the next major version, 2.0 (a free upgrade to existing customers). Via :set hlsearch, as in vim. It will involve some major tinkering with Visual Studio, but hopefully it will work fine. Look out here on the forums for beta announcements. Thanks!

Thats great news. But can you put this "set hlsearch" command into tools->Option->viemu checkbox so we don't
have to switch on and off again on each file?

Actually for a major release like v2.0 can it be done? like customize from a .vimrc file settings? or import .vimrc
file function? just some base "set ***"   settings not necessarily too complicated.

i know it would be too stretched but it would be nice to see features like this from this great tool.

cheers.

xguru, I'm not sure about the checkbox, but it's possible. In any case, the current version already supports a ".viemurc" or "_viemurc" file (name it as you wish, files starting with a dot are a pain to move around in Windows). You have to have it either in your home directory (typically C:/Documents and Settings/Username/) or in ViEmu's installation folder. It must be an ASCII file, and it understands :set/:map commands as described in the documentation. 2.0 will understand a wider set of :set/:map options.

Thanks.