Re: Turn off highlighted text after search

I love how viemu (in VS.NET 2008) will highlight your found search terms after using /. Then I can hit the n key to move the cursor around.

But how do you turn off the highlighting when you don't need it anymore? Probably an easy one...

scott

Hi Scott,

You type :noh<return> (it's an abbreviation of :nohlsearch). It turns highlighting off until the next search. Standard vim, but I guess not everyone's familiar with that!

You can map a key (say :nnoremap <c-s-f3> :noh<return>) to make it easier, although I just use :noh myself.

Cheers,

Jon

Ah mappings. The fog is lifting; it's been awhile. Where do I put my .vimrc or equivalent file for the add in to load on startup? That way I can save that macro you just gave me.

You can create a plain text file called "_viemurc" in your home folder and put the macro in there. Your home folder is typically C:\Documents and Settings\{username} under pre-Vista system, or C:\Users\{username} under Vista. You can check the HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH environment variables to verify the actual path to the directory.

Regards,

- Jon