Re: Another little feature request

OK, so I know this one is lazy, but I've gotten used to it :f[ile] to display the current file information in the status bar. I don't use the :f[ile]<filename> feature myself, but I thought I'd ask. I'm not sure what vim's exact behavior is or if it is controllable, but I'd like to see the entire path here. The specific case that I deal with quite often is having multiple projects in a solution, all of which have an App.Config or a Web.Config. My habit has always been to check with :f.

thanks.

I wasn't even aware of the command. It should be very fast to implement, I'll let you know as soon as I can give it a try.

Thanks for the feedback.

Becoming aware of (new-to-me) commands is half the reason that I check back at these forums smile

I have included it in the last 1.4.5 release. Let me know if it doesn't work as expected.

This is great.  I was just looking for something to show me the full path to the file I was editting.  In vim I always use :pwd.  I was about to request the addition of that command for the next version, now I don't have to.

I'm glad it works for you David. I've thought a bit about the whole :pwd thing, and I think it would require a virtual "current working directory" for ViEmu. I daren't use the system one shared with all of Visual Studio.