Re: Turning Visual Mode selection into VS selection

I'm trying to get ViEmu and Resharper to co-operate nicely but I've ran into one problem.

Assuming I use visual mode to select a section of text and I then do a Refactor to Method instead of just the selected text it uses the entire line.  This to me seems to indicate that the selected text isn't selected as far as Visual Studio is concerned. 

So this raises the question.  Is there a way to turn a visual mode selection into a visual studio selection?

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Shane,

Indeed, this comes up often, and there are two types of solutions.

First, if it's a rare occurrence, you can use the gS command in normal mode, which does exactly that - it turns the current visual mode selection into the VS selection.

If this happens more often, you can go to Tools|Options|ViEmu and check "Use VS selection for VS mode". Visual mode won't be as similar to the emulated vim visual mode, but VS selection will always reflect your ViEmu visual selection mode.

Best regards,

- Jon

Perfect.  Thanks for your prompt responses to my questions.  Now the only problem I have is working on computers that don't have ViEmu installed wink

You're welcome. Same happens to me - I just try to convert into vi/vim editing all programmers around me, and succeed in some cases smile