Re: Search & replace not working in certain instances of visual mode

Attempting a search & replace on a visual selection triggers a "Mark not set".

Interestingly enough if I use the mouse to select or use "v}", replacement works as expected.

Any ideas?

Hmmm.... could you give me more details? That is, what VS and ViEmu version you are using, with what programming language, what way are you invoking the search & replace, the exact wording and title of the message box informing about the problem, and the value of the following setting in Tools|Options|ViEmu: "Use Visual Studio selection for visual mode".

ViEmu ver 2.1.13
VS .net 2003
Behavior is consistent across multiple file types (e.g .txt, .asp, etc)
"Use Visual Studio selection for Visual Mode" is disabled (not checked)

To replicate:
In command mode press v, then use j to select several lines.  Finally, press $ to select up to end-of-line.
Press : and type " s/foo/bar/g".  Press enter.

Status bar reads "Mark not set", and no replacement is made.

During selection, if $ is NOT used to select to end-of-line, everything works as expected.  Additionally the above procedure works as expected in (g)vim.

A very precise explanation, thanks! Now I get it. I've verified it's genuine bug in ViEmu's core, I'll try to address it in the next few days and upload a new build.

Now THAT'S support!  Thank you.

Fourrings, I have fixed this and uploaded ViEmu/VS version 2.1.24. I also fixed another minor but annoying pending bug. Here are all the details and a link to download it:

http://www.viemu.com/blog/2008/03/15/viemuvs-2124-with-proper-wrapscan-and-proper-marks-with/

Let me know if anything else acts up.