Re: JavaScript Folding Issue

I found a small issue with creating a fold for the enclosed text using zf in JavaScript files on Visual Studio 2008. If I try to use zf for the first time, I get nothing. But if I use the Hide Selection Visual Studio command (Ctrl+M, Ctrl+H) first, every zf after that creates the fold.

I'm using ViEmu 2.1.24.

Thanks,

Ory

Hello ory,

This is because ViEmu does not create the "Outlining Session" (as it's called internally), it only adds/removes folds. With most languages, it works fine, because the built-in VS language service creates the session by default. It's probably not the case with Javascript, as you describe. I will try to fix this so that it will address it properly even if no previous session exists.

Thanks and best regards,

Jon

Jon,

Thank you!

Ory

Ory, I've finally been able to look into this and implement a fix. I've also added a new provision, so that 'zf' will always collapse the fold, apart from creating it. In VS2005 and VS2008 (but not in VS.NET 2003), if the cursor was at the bottom of a range, zf would create the range but not collapse it. It's now fixed.

Here is an interim build so that you can test it out, just overwrite the DLL in your installation folder (typically "C:\Program Files\ViEmu"):

http://www.viemu.com/26folds/ViEmu.dll

It's version-tagged "2.1.26.return.ext.fold" (you can check it with :ver or in Help|About). Let me know how it works for you, if everything's fine I'll release 2.1.27 in a few days.

Regards,

- Jon

Jon,

I tested it out and it works great.  Thanks again for looking into this.

Ory

Thanks Ory, great to hear that. Let me know if anything else acts up. Regards - Jon