Re: [Suggestion] Iterating through tags with gt and gT

[edit: Subject should read - Iterating through tabs with gt and gT]

Any plans to implement the tab movement features from Vim?

Thanks for the great product,
-Dustin

Last edited by Xtraeme (2008-03-25 15:53:09)

I got initially bitten by the title at first, as I'm not really familiar with gt and gT. I looked them up in vim's :help and understood it.

It would be pretty difficult to implement real tabs support, as non-text tabs are unknown for ViEmu.

Would the current functionality of :bn and :bp work for gt and gT? If so, it would be pretty easy to implement in a minor revision.

I'm primarily interested in text tabs so if you can base it off the buffer list, awesome!

Though you'll need to obviously store some additional information, since the buffer list is in the order of file opened, and update that information any time a tab is dragged to a new position.

Thanks for making ViEmu,
-Dustin

Last edited by Xtraeme (2008-04-17 05:48:30)

Dustin, there is no access *at all* for the tab order in VS. This is a dark corner of VS extensibility. Thus, unfortunately, gt/gT will have to work in open order.

Thanks for the kind note!

- Jon

Dustin, I implemented this for ViEmu/VS 2.1.27. Let me know if it works fine for you. Here is the link to the ViEmu blog post with all the details and a link to download the build:

http://www.viemu.com/blog/2008/06/24/viemuvs-2127-several-fixes-and-gtgt-implemented/

Regards,

- Jon