Re: ViEmu/VS 2.2 new text-object Issues

Hi, I tested the new text-object motions, and I encountered some issues, for example, if you are outside of a "" text block and you do di" ViEmu searches the preceding and ending " in multiple lines, Vim does the search only in the current line.

I also noticed that Viemu doesn't handles the escaped \" or \' characters.

Cheers,
CMS

Hi.

Indeed, that behavior is as per the current implementation. I haven't used the features in vim7 much myself, do you think they will be badly missed? Of course, I should just emulate vim for correctness sake. This way of doing it was just simpler at first.

If the current implementation already covers 90% of the use cases, I will probably leave the last leg for a later revision. If it's considered a serious flaw, I will revise this before the official 2.2 release.

Regards,

- Jon

PS: Thanks a lot for the feedback so far!

Cms, I've finally implemented more vim-like behavior, including intra-line limitation and
recognition of quote-escaping.

I've done this while implementing the motions for ViEmu/Word&Outlook, which are quite a bit more complex due to word's "Smart quotes" (involving non-ascii characters with nicer typographic shapes).

I will upload new 2.2 builds of ViEmu/VS and ViEmu/SQL tomorrow or in a couple of days, and hopefully a preview ViEmu/Word&Outlook 1.5 soon after that (there's one more glitch with word/outlook yanking and pasting that I want to address). The official releases will probably have to wait until next week.

Regards,

- Jon

CMS, I just uploaded 2.2.2 addressing the issues you mention. See here:

http://www.viemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=437

Regards,

- Jon

Hi Jon, the behavior of the " and ' text objects implementation is working 100% as expected in ViEmu/VS 2.2.2

Thanks for reading the feedback and doing the fix.

Hope to see tag-block text objects (at, it) in next releases smile

Cheers,

CMS

Great to hear that they're now up to par. it/at are planned for 2.5 or so smile

Regards,

- Jon