Re: Pasting into Command Line and repeat substitutions

On windows I normally highlight a variable press control-c and then go into command mode and start creating my command and pasting the word in.

Is their a way to past into the command line.

My most common use is.

:%s/someLongVariableOrOtherString/replacement/

I tried a hack around of hitting * on the word, and then a repeat substitution.

on  someLongVariableOrOtherString hit *  then
:%s//replacement/

This words fine on vim, however viemu treats it like
:%s/^/replacement/ and inserts the replacement at the beginning of all the lines.

Ronald,

You can use Ctrl-R followed by a register (use * for the system clipboard) to insert the contents of a register while typing on the command line, either a search or an ex command.

Also, you can use Ctrl-Y when in the command line to yank/copy its contents. It always goes to the default register.

I'll look into the replacement difference with vim you mention above, it shouldn't happen and it's probably some kind of oversight.

Best regards,

-- Jon

Ronald, I just tried doing what you suggest (an * search, then :%s//whatever/), and it worked fine for me.

From one of your emails, I see that you are using VS2005 and ViEmu 2.2.6, so there shouldn't be a version problem.

Can you tell me what your user settings are at Tools|Options|ViEmu? If it's not that, maybe the language you are using or the state of :set settings could also make a difference. In any case, more detailed repro steps could help me try to address it.

Regards,

-- Jon