Re: Visual Blocks

In Vim when you create a visual block, and choose an option - ie. 'y', '<', '>', etc - then the visual block is left intact.   However in viemu, any of these commands removes the visual block.

Is there any way to stop the visual block from being removed?

Cheers,
Dan.

Dan,

At least in my vim, which is what I took as a reference when implementing ViEmu, the visual selection is removed and you go back to normal mode. Maybe there's a setting that controls that?

You can always use 'gv' to go back to the last visual mode, and you can even apply the following mappings to do it every time:

:vnoremap y ygv
  :vnoremap > >gv
  :vnoremap < <gv

Regards,

-- Jon

Ah, indeed you're correct.  I've been using the same _vimrc for years now, so had forgotten that I had to do that.  Now working as I want it in ViEmu too :-)

Excellent plugin btw!!!

Cheers,
Dan.

Thanks for the kind comment! Glad to help out.

Since I analyzed vim "by inspection" (and reading the :help text, but this is less than complete in many cases), I have found things in the past that I overlooked (like ViEmu emulating vim's :set selection=exclusive mode, default on my windows installation, but where vim usually defaults to 'inclusive'), I thought this might be another case.

Regards,

-- Jon