Re: Viemu seems having problems in "VS2005 Emacs keymapping schema "

When I change my VS2005 keymapping schema to "Emacs", then I edit a .cs file, I press ":w"  to save file, it will not work, and all commands in minibuffer need a "Enter" as the end of command seems not work in such keymapping. Is that possible to resolve such issue by changing some settings of VS2005?

Thanks in advance.

You can possibly fix this by going to Tools|Options|Keyboard and changing / removing the mappings of the Enter key. ViEmu expects it to be either unbound, or bound to Edit.BreakLine.

There is no easy way to find out the binding of Enter, as the keybinding edit box doesn't recognize "Enter"as a keypress. You can maybe trick it into showing the binding of a combination like Shit-Enter, Ctrl-Enter or similar, and it might be the same. Else, you can type "Emacs" as part of the command and manually browse each listed command's bindings.

Let me know how this works out, if it can't be solved easily I will investigate futher myself.

Could you share why you are interested in the Emacs map? It's a rare request.

Thanks and regards,

-- Jon

Thanks for your reply.
I use Emacs for about 5 years when I was a Java developer, so I like to switch buffer, open file with Emacs key mapping. It is not a very serious issue, because in .NET development, such operation can be done easily in standard way also.

I'll try your idea. I'll post the result after I tried the solution.

Thanks, be sure to let me know, in case I have to investigate further!

-- Jon

In emacs keyboard mapping schema, the "Enter" key was bound with "Edit.EmacsBreakline", after I remove this key binding, it works!, but there is another small problem, that is when I in insert mode of vi, and I want to break line by pressing "Enter" key, nothing happened. So I have to use "C-J". So is that possible that the Enter key under Emacs mapping does the same behavior with Default mapping?

Thanks a lot.

Auron, most probably you have to bind Enter to "Edit.BreakLine", and that will probably fix things. If Enter isn't bound, it's normal that it does nothing in insert mode (ViEmu relies on VS for most of insert mode's behavior, this is critical for Intellisense compatibility). Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

-- Jon

Yes, it works!!!, Thank you for your explanation.

You're very welcome, let me know if anything else acts up.

- Jon