Re: ReSharper 4.5 1219 Build Incompatible

It appears that JetBrains made some changes in the latest build that are causing big problems with ViEmu OR something in my configuration changed (but I didn't change anything that I know of).

When I select a region of code and Extract Method with ReSharper the new method gets created but the cursor does not return to the Normal state.  Instead it stays in the VISUAL LINE mode.  I am fairly confident that this didn't happen in 1215 build.  Can anyone else replicate?

I'll try to reproduce it during the weekend and I'll post back here.

Regards,

-- Jon

Shane, I have managed to reproduce this with the 1219 build you report. Not exactly the same, but almost: you can't type anything until you alt-tab away and back again.

But, this happens even with ViEmu disabled! So it seems it's actually R# bug.

They have already uploaded a new build, so it might be fixed.

I have decided not to try their nightly builds again by default, unless there is a very compelling reason. I could waste a tremendous amount of effort chasing their bugs. I'd better look into compatibility stuff when they have stabilized their side of things.

Regards,

-- Jon

[UPDATE: I tested their build 1220, the problem still happens - even w/ViEmu disabled, create method enters a non-typing state, you have to alt-tab to get input working again]

Thanks for verifying.  Yeah I think I'll go back to the public beta and stick with it till release.

You're welcome! Let me know how it all works out in the end.

Regards,

- Jon

ReSharper 4.5 was released today according to the email JetBrains just sent me.  Does it work and play well with ViEmu?  My system is working fine and I hate to break anything by upgrading...   ;-)

It does for me.  I've got the RC & ViEmu installed in tandem on my machine at work.

Thanks Shane for helping out. I will try it myself in a few days. In any case, let me know if anything acts up.

- Jon