Re: == Does not indent

I've been working with Viemu installed on Visual studio 2005 for 6 months now and I was very happy with it. Lately, my work place upgraded to visual studio 2008 and the '==' key combination does not seem to work. Instead of current line indent the corsor goes to EOL ($). I use a new installation of visual studio 2008 on Windows XP. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Osh.

P.S.
I tried to contact the support, but I got no reply.

Oshmoz, I've been quite busy so I have a few emails pending a response. Your support request is probably there. I think I will be able to catch up with all of them during this week.

== depends on VS's auto-reindent mechanism to do its work. This, in turn, depends on the language service. Thus, can you please let me know about the language you are working in and a sample code piece that will reproduce the behavior?

Given that ViEmu just calls into VS, and that VS's auto-reindent is often not very strong, I'm afraid I might not be able to make it work better depending on the exact circumstance.

Regards,

- Jon

I'm using C Sharp and I did some research after I read your reply.

In the following code '==' will work only on int i, not on int j;

using System;

public class Class1
{
    public Class1()
    {
        int i;
        int j;

}
}

But here '==' will not work at all.

using System;

public class Class1
{
    public Class1()
    {
        int i;
        SDFASDF int j;

}
}

Maybe it has something to do with the auto error checking the environment does before the build? It's a new visual studio trick.

Osh.

What ViEmu does is it just calls VS's "Edit.FormatSelection" code. This command is usually invoked by Ctrl-K,Ctrl-F, and is also available in the Edit|Advanced menu as "Format Selection".

I've checked it, and, indeed, that VS command has become flaky in VS2008 C#. It's not ViEmu, even with ViEmu disabled, Ctrl-K,Ctrl-F doesn't reformat C# correctly. It works fine with C++ though.

Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about it except keeping an eye on it. I'd suggest filing it as a bug with Microsoft. Be sure to not mention ViEmu, or they will blame the problem on i. And I'd also suggest not expecting a prompt fix.

I'm sorry that is as much as I can offer.

- Jon