Re: ViEmu use VisualAssist instead of intellisense for tag jump (Ctrl+])

I just wondered if ViEmu should be able to be configured to use VisualAssist for its tag navigation.

I'm thinking the equivalent of in VisualAssist

alt+g = go to implementation
alt+- = return

being able to be mapped to ViEmu's

ctrl+]
ctrl+t

I also just wondered if ViEmu maintained the stack of locations (per window split) you've tagged to like VIM does with its current intellisense implementation via ctrl+]/t or is it just a direct remapping to the intellisense go to and return from definition.

I'm presuming it should be possible to disable ViEmu's current mappings or just overwrite them with standard Visual Studio shortcuts to call through to VisualAssist's functionality.

Cheers

Jim

In your viemurc, you could just remap ctrl + [ to issue a visual studio command, like so:

nnoremap <c-[> :vsc VAssistX.GotoImplementation<cr>

You can find other command names by going into Options - keyboard.

Tomlu, thanks for stepping up and suggesting the solution. That is indeed the best that can be done now.

Currently, Ctrl-] calls the VS command "Edit.GotoDefinition", and Ctrl-T invokes "View.PopBrowseContext". These seemed the closest mappings between vim's functionality and VS's provided commands. Of course, a full implementation would be nicer, but it would require quite complex access to the underlying language service, which is often not available via extensibility interfaces (and more so with Visual Assist).

A partially-scriptable implementation with the best of both worlds remains a pending task, for a future version of ViEmu. I'm right now trying to make heads or tails of VS 2010, which is proving difficult, so with Microsoft providing a moving target my hunting is always difficult.

Regards,

-- Jon