Re: Will ViEmu work with T4 files?

I really appreciate ViEmu. Thank you so much.

I was curious if it ViEmu worked with T4 files?

I haven't tried (I only heard about T4 last week). As far as I know, since they're text files, there's no reason why ViEmu shouldn't work?

I am not familiar with T4, can you suggest where I can get a reasonable T4 project to test this?

-- Jon

Strangely i just learned about T4 last week as well (thank you reddit).
I found some good information on Oleg Sych blog. You can find sample code there.

I use T4 Editor from Tangible Engineering, which extends Visual Studio to provide IntelliSense and syntax highlighting for .tt files.

I wonder T4 Editor from Tangible Engineering and ViEmu are incompatible.

I'm going to check it out. Since the editor is usually the same, and Intellisense and Syntax Highlighting are implemented in a "Language Service", ViEmu should be compatible by default. But, of course, there's nothing like trying! I'll post here as soon as I have more info.

-- Jon

princker, I've just tried it, and it turns out the Tangible T4 editor is a separate editor, not VS's built-in editor. Thus, ViEmu doesn't work. Unfortunately, it is not possible to fix this.

On the other hand, if you don't have Tangible's extension installed, ViEmu works great to edit T4 files.

Regards,

-- Jon

Thanks for letting me know. I will be uninstalling the Tangible T4 editor.
Can't work w/o my ViEmu!

You're welcome. Hopefully, Tangible will end up doing a "more integrated" editor for VS 2010. It would really be valuable in other cases!

Regards,

-- Jon