Re: Problems with intellisense and repeat last command

It appears to me that the combination of Intellisense auto complete and ViEmu's dot command do not consistently work well together.

E.g. if I write something like Console.R, press <tab> and then use the pop-up menu to select ReadLine, write (); and press Esc.

I get:

Console.ReadLine();

in the editor as expected.

Now, if I press . to repeat the command I would expect an identical line, but unfortunately I get:

Console.ReadLine();
Console._    ();

It appears that ViEmu does handle whatever is entered via the pop-up menu.

Is there someway to mix intellisense and ViEmu's repeat command that I am unaware of?

I have tried to search for similar questions on the forum, but apparently my search foo is lacking a bit in that area.

Thanks in advance.

BTW: I'm using VS2008 with R# 4.5. Code is written in C#. ViEum 2.2.9.

Regards,
Brian

Last edited by kodehoved (2009-07-31 10:38:06)

Brian,

It's a known bug, and I already have a fix for this. I plan to release it in one of the next versions of ViEmu, either 2.3 or 2.5.

Regards,

-- Jon

Thanks! That is good to hear. I'll look forward to the next release then.

I hope the work on ViEmu for VS2010 is coming along as well and look forward to upgrading VS2010 smile

Best regards
Brian

I'm finishing the work in the new license system and customer area of the web site, I'll release 2.3 and 2.5 after that with a few nice improvements, and the VS 2010 versions come after that (right after the summer, I expect). I hope ViEmu and Codekana will be both ready by the release date of VS 2010!

-- Jon