Re: Macro replay does not support remapping

Hi Jon,

Macro replay seems not to support remapping correctly.

My repro is:

Put the cursor at the start of a line, say "void test(int hello);". Record something that does ww (two words forward). Return the cursor and replay the macro. Obviously, you'll see the cursor go two words forward.

Next, we do a :nnoremap y w (word forward). Record something that does yy (two words forward). Return the cursor and replay the macro. Strangely enough, I only see the cursor moving one word forward.

Similary, with :nnoremap i l (character forward), replaying ii moves one forward and puts you in insert mode. It's like the second character and onwards is not remapped.

I'm really hoping you can get this fix in the upcoming ViEmu 2.5 (with multiple key remapping... drool...). Since I don't type in QWERTY I've remapped Vim heavily, and as it stands macros aren't very useful for me.

thanks!

Tomas,

Apologies for not responding earlier, the amount of work has been really huge. Hopefully the about-to-enter-beta Codekana 1.5RC and new customer portal will help compensate a bit. ViEmu 2.5 comes next (hopefully ready during January), and then everything for VS2010.

With regards to the bug: you are totally right. This used to work fine, but the protection I added to avoid infinite loops in remapping botched it: it's too zealous, and once a mapping is applied while playing a macro, it isn't applied again. I have already fixed it, and it will be included with the next version of ViEmu I release (2.5). I will send you a preview build if you want the fix urgently, so that you don't have to wait until the whole thing is ready. Minor releases are a pain in this period of licensing-system transition, but that will be over soon!

Best regards and happy holidays,

Jon

Thanks for that Jon. And sure, I'm not going to turn down a preview build - it would be most welcome. Happy holidays to you as well!

+1 for this; looking forward to the next version with a fix

2.5 is almost ready, with Ctrl-A/Ctrl-X, multiple-key remapping, and a few bugs fixed. I'm at CeBIT in Hannover, Germany next week, so I won't be able to finish it before that, but after that it will be quick. Regards, - Jon