Re: How to scroll up and down with ViEmu ?

I often use Ctrl-F ( Ctrl-D ) to move down and Ctrl-U to move up on Linux. However, when I tried to use Ctrl-F on Visual Studio 2008, it pop up a "Find" text-box instead sad ? How can I fix this problem ? Thanks in advance !

Hello Chan,

ViEmu should have removed the VS keybinding of Ctrl-F the first time it was run. That way, Ctrl-F would be free for interpretation by ViEmu as scroll-down. It is weird that it didn't happen in your case.

ViEmu saves these clashing, removed keybindings for restoring when you deactivate ViEmu (Ctrl-Shift-Alt-V). That way, Ctrl-F regains its meaning when a non-vi(m)er colleague must use your computer.

One simple fix is to just remove the VS keybinding of Ctrl-F, using the VS interface in Tools|Options|Keyboard, and removing the mapping of Edit.Find. The only drawback is that the binding won't be dynamically adjusted when ViEmu is toggled off.

For a better fix, can you go to Tools|Options|ViEmu -> Keyboard, and post here what that dialog shows?

Regards,

- Jon

Thanks a lot for your reply: very quick and detail ^^ ! To be honest, I used to use Ctrl-F as scroll down before in Visual Studio. But lately, I didn't know where did I make such an accidentally change so that now I can't no longer using Ctrl-F as scroll down. And I want a "better fix" ^^ so here are my Tools|Options|ViEmu -> Keyboard :
Saved keybindings

File.Print=Global::Ctrl+P
Edit.Redo=Global::Ctrl+Y||Global::Shift+Alt+Bkspce||Global::Ctrl+Shift+Z
View.Toolbox=Global::Ctrl+Alt+X||Global::Ctrl+W, X||Global::Ctrl+W, Ctrl+X
Edit.Find=Global::Ctrl+F
Debug.Threads=Global::Ctrl+Alt+H||Global::Ctrl+D, T||Global::Ctrl+D, Ctrl+T
File.NewFile=Global::Ctrl+N
File.OpenFile=Global::Ctrl+O
View.SolutionExplorer=Global::Ctrl+Alt+L||Global::Ctrl+W, S||Global::Ctrl+W, Ctrl+S
View.PropertiesWindow=Global::F4||Global::Ctrl+W, P||Global::Ctrl+W, Ctrl+P
View.TaskList=Global::Ctrl+\, Ctrl+T||Global::Ctrl+\, T||Global::Ctrl+W, T||Global::Ctrl+W, Ctrl+T
View.Output=Global::Ctrl+Alt+O||Global::Ctrl+W, O||Global::Ctrl+W, Ctrl+O
View.ObjectBrowser=Global::Ctrl+Alt+J||Global::Ctrl+W, J||Global::Ctrl+W, Ctrl+J
View.DocumentOutline=Global::Ctrl+Alt+T||Global::Ctrl+W, U||Global::Ctrl+W, Ctrl+U

Current Clashing keybindings:

Edit.Copy=Global::Ctrl+C||Global::Ctrl+Ins
Edit.Paste=Global::Ctrl+V||Global::Shift+Ins
File.Print=Global::Ctrl+P
Edit.Redo=Global::Ctrl+Y||Global::Shift+Alt+Bkspce||Global::Ctrl+Shift+Z
Edit.Find=Global::Ctrl+F
File.NewFile=Global::Ctrl+N
File.OpenFile=Global::Ctrl+O
Edit.MakeLowercase=Text Editor::Ctrl+U
Edit.GotoBrace=Text Editor::Ctrl+]
Edit.CharTranspose=Text Editor::Ctrl+T
Edit.SelectCurrentWord=Text Editor::Ctrl+W
Edit.ViewWhiteSpace=Text Editor::Ctrl+R, Ctrl+W||Global::Ctrl+Shift+8
Edit.ToggleWordWrap=Text Editor::Ctrl+E, Ctrl+W

Key scanned, with Ctrl, for clashing bindings:

RFBDUWTQEYOINP]VC

Once again, thanks a lot for your help !

Chan, it seems keybindings have been fully restored to a standard setting. Steps to fix this "the right way":

1) Click "Forget" under the left-hand-side list (confirm)
2) Click "Save and Remove" under the right-hand-side list (confirm)

That's all! Now Ctrl-F should work for scrolling, and if you toggle ViEmu on and off (Ctrl-Shift-Alt-V), it should recover its "Find" keybinding, in case a non-vi(m)er needs to use VS on your system.

Regards,

- Jon

Awesome ^_^ ! Thanks a lot Jon wink !

You're very welcome.