Re: set list command?

Just found ViEmu and I'm super excited!  I've been using vim in a command window for years but I have been missing out on some of the other nice features of MSDEV by doing this... anyway, when I first tried out ViEmu I did notice one command that I use often that wasn't implemented: set list.  Are there any plans to add this soon?  I'm sure you are familiar with what it does, but just in case it's one that you haven't used, it converts "invisible" control codes in your source file to symbols.  For example, the end of line is marked with a $ and tabs are shown as ^I.  I often use this when cutting and pasting code from several sources into one file to make sure that the use of tabs or spaces is consistant.

Thanks!
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the very kind note. Yes, I plan to add support for all vi and most vim options in the future (:set wrap, etc....), although the behavior will often use the equivalent option. Visual Studio has an "Edit.ViewWhitespace" command that works a bit differently, but shows the same info - spaces are shown by a tiny dimmed dot, and tabs are showed by a dimmed arrow - the info on the end of line is implicit then.

By now, you can use a mapping such as ":nnoremap <c-s-a-w> :vsc Edit.ViewWhiteSpace<cr>", add in .viemurc, and use Ctrl-Shift-Alt-W to toggle it on/off (substitute by your favorite unasigned key binding).

Best regards,

Jon

Gotcha, that's good news and thanks for the workaround in the meantime!

Is there any way to map ":set list" to do the ViewWhiteSpace command?  If not, it's certainly not a huge deal, just curious about the flexibility of ViEmu's mapping functionality.

I can say that after a full day of developing using ViEmu + MSDEV, I will never go back to the command line vi, nor to a "generic" MSDEV.  This product is incredible, I'm just kicking myself for not typing "vi editor visual studio" into google a long time ago!!!  smile

Jeff,

Thanks a lot for the very, very nice comment. I really appreciate it.

There is no way to map :set list to anything... ViEmu's mapping just covers a (pretty complete) subset of vim's. I'll have to actually implement it to make it work, but I think it won't be a long wait.

Thanks and best regards,

Jon

Jeff, I've uploaded 2.0.44 with :set [no]list support:

http://forums.ngedit.com/viewtopic.php?id=117

Let me know if it doesn't work as expected.

Best regards,

Jon