Re: Resharper Inline Rename issues with ViEmu 2010 B5

1. My Mode will stay in Normal Mode and will not Transition to Insert mode on a Resharper Rename.

2. When I do an inline rename with Resharper viemu will stay in normal mode, so I press "i" to go into Insert mode, the cursor changes to the insert mode cursor. However at this point, it seems ViEmu thinks I am in Visual Mode because it then highlights the word and if I try adding a capital S into the string it will actually delete the entire line I am on.

For example, if I wanted to change:
UserQuestion to UserSurveyQuestion

I would move my cursor to UserQuestion then press Ctrl-Shift-R-R to rename it. I am then moved to the end of the word (in normal mode) and resharper outlines it in red. I then press i to enter insert mode. The cursor changes to the Insert Cursor. Then UserQuestion is selected by ViEmu as if in Visual Mode (turns out it really is in Visual Mode). So I then move my cursor using the Arrow keys to between the r and Q (the Visual Selection is reduced to only include User). I then do Shift-S to input a capital S, but instead it deletes the entire line I am on.

To work around issue 2 I have to move the cursor to some position on the word then input v and then input i again which will remove the visual selection and put me into insert mode so I can proceed with the rename.

I am pretty sure I didn't have this problem in Beta 3 (I am not positive about Beta 4).

Anyways, Issue Two is a huge issue for me, as it is a huge productivity killer as I use Resharper rename constantly.

Last edited by BitDrifter (2010-06-11 08:49:06)

BitDrifter, thanks for the detailed feedback, and apologies for the problems.

We haven't worked heavily yet in interaction with other 3rd party add-ins. We do plan to address this as soon as possible. These exact same issues happened in ViEmu "Classic", and since VS integration is completely new, we have to re-implement the fixes.

We are very interested anyway in making sure whether Beta3 worked better. I'll be grateful if you can reinstall beta 3 and confirm that.

Thanks,

-- Jon

Is that as simple as re-running Beta 3?

Yes, just installing Beta 3 and checking again. We could do it ourselves, but we won't be as sure as if you can confirm it!

Ok, I got around to doing the test you requested. None of them went into Insert Mode on rename, as for the Visual Mode see below:

I tested Beta 3, 4 and 5.

Renaming worked fine in Beta 3 & 4.

Beta 5 introduced the bug.

BitDrifter, thanks so much! This feedback will allow us to understand it better. We'll look into it in detail. Regards, -- Jon