Re: VS2010 Beta 5 - object not set to an instance of an object

I am having little success using ViEmu in vs2010.

I constantly get "Object not set to an instance of an object" error messages popping up.  This happens consistently on my system, it usually starts when editing an aspx page.  If I stick purely to code the problem doesn't pop up (I think anyway as I'm always editing lots of different files).

After the error first occurs, visual highlighting of lines no longer works as well, although I can still yank the text from the lines i have selected.

The error then occurs just about every time I hit enter or escape.

The only way to fix is to restart visual studio.

Is this a known issue as it is making it really difficult to use viemu in vs2010 (and it has become quite difficult for me to code without viemu these days).

Thanks,

reeve.

Can you please try the new Beta 6 and let me know how it works? I'm not totally sure, but it could well be that it fixes that issue.

http://www.viemu.com/blog/2010/06/24/viemuvs2010-beta-6/

Regards,

-- Jon

Hi Jon,

I've tried this one and have the same issue.

Thanks,

Reeve.

Thanks Reeve. Apologies for the issues. We'll look into it. Regards, -- Jon

This issue still occurs in beta 7, although it seems to occur a little less than previous betas.

Is this a known issue that is being worked on?  I'm worried I won't be able to use ViEmu in 2010.

Hi, Reeve

It's certainly being worked on, and I believe it will be fixed for the next release of ViEmu.