Re: ViEmu + VS2010 + ":edit"

Hi,

We are currently in the process of migrating to VS2010, but a number of developers are more than a little attached to this excellent tool.

I like to open files using :edit "File.cpp" but on typing the dot, the text window has a dot inserted and not the command.  Similarly for repeat last action etc.

I couldn't find a solution so I thought I'd check with you guys,

Thanks,
Martin

Hi, Martin:

I'm guessing this is an incompatibility issue with Visual Assist. We are currently working on compatility with 3rd party extensions, specially ReSharper and Visual Assist, which seem to be the most popular ones. In the meantime, there is a workaround for the dot problem, which is disabling the "Convert dot to ->" option in Visual Assist Corrections options.

Please let us know if it helps...

Regards,
Isaac

Indeed there do seem to be some niggling incompatibilities between the two.  During my brief play just now, there also seems to be a problem with typing " in a command, possibly soon after a dot, but again this can also be worked around by disabling VisualAssist corrections.

A number of us are now very happy! Thank you, Isaac.

Martin

Glad to hear it works, Martin, and thanks for the feedback, we'll look into the " issue as well...

Regards,
Isaac