Re: Upgrading from 2.0.38 to 2.0.47 kills performance

Hey Jon,

Not sure if this is a isolated case, but I upgraded from .38 to .47 today, and it absolutely killed the performance of VS.net.  There was a several ( 2-3 ) second delay when typing characters in the code editor.  I had to rollback to .38.

Hi Griffin, thanks for letting me know. I'll investigate it and come back to you with details (I may get back in touch by e-mail in case I need more info).

Best regards,

Jon

Hey Jon,

Ok, just let me know if you need info from me.  I may try to upgrade to a version between .38 and .47, so see if any of them are ok.

Thanks.

Griffin, I will have a detailed look at the changes and try to deduce what it might be (it actually doesn't happen on my systems). I will also send you links to just the DLL so that you can quickly check which one causes the problem withouth having to uninstall/reinstall.

I probably won't be able to do it until Tuesday or so, I'm out of town until then. I'd say don't waste time until that, as it will be annoying to go through all those uninstall/reinstall cycles.

Thanks again and best regards,

Jon

Any solution to this problem?

I have also recently updated my Viemu installation from 2.0.3x to 2.0.53, and observe the same problem (using VS2005):
usually just after the first edit in a text file, Visual Studio hangs for several seconds before allowing me to continue editing.

This is a serious annoyance...

Thanks -Ivan

Hello Ivan,

I tracked this by email with Griffin, and it seemed to be fixed on his machine with 2.0.48.

I will send you links to the intermediate build DLLs, so that we can try to track down the exact source of the problem. I apologize for the annoyance.

Best regards,

Jon