Re: Is there a way to change the cursor fg and/or bg color?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

The cursor is actually VS's own standard-windows caret, which just reverses whatever there is below it (as far as I know). ViEmu only changes its size/shape.

So, if you change the text's own background color, the cursor will change, but I don't think there is a separate setting for that in VS.

Any extra pointers on what the exact problem is? It might be a way to try to find a workaround.

Thanks and best regards,

Jon

My cursor does not change to the opposite of the text. The bg always is black, and the fg changes (e.g. black --> white, blue --> yellow).

The problem I'm having is that I like all of my code comments to be light gray. My cursor fg color stays light gray, and on a black bg you can't really see the text under the cursor.

I was hoping I could change the fg or bg color so I could make out the text under the cursor better.

Thanks.

Hmm... either I don't understand the explanation, or the behavior is different on my system. I've tried it in VS.NET 2003: I usually use just the default colors, but I changed the main "Text" setting to (fg: white, bg: black), comments fg to light gray, and it seems to work fine:

http://www.viemu.com/misc/sshot-white-on-black.gif

The cursor toggles between the look in that image, and just 'disappearing'

I've only tested on VS.NET 2003 so far, but I'll test it in VS2005 too. Maybe that's the reason?

Best regards,

Jon