Re: beta 5 does not work

so, I just re-installed VS2010 at home (got rid of RC and downloaded the Professional Trial ) and then installed viemu beta 5.
I restarted VS:

I get the VIM license dialog, in which I CANNOT check the "Don't show" checkbox.

Clicked ok, and immediately got an exception dialog

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Visual Studio has encountered an exception. This may be caused by an extension.

You can get more information by running the application together with the /log parameter on the command line, and then examining the file 'C:\Users\amol\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ActivityLog.xml'.
OK   

Once I click past this, Vi keys do not work in the editor anyway.

This is bizarre, because I have beta5 at work, and it seems fine.

This is really weird. Had you run VS at least once before installing ViEmu? Just so that we may discard that as a casue...

Also, can you mail us the activitylog file? Please use support [at] symnum [dot] com.

We'll look into this during this week.

Thanks,

-- Jon

yes, I did run VS before installing ViEmu. It was having to use the damn editor that made be realize I needed ViEmu :-)

Unfortunately, the problem seems to be gone once I uninstalled and re-installed the package.  If it recurs,I'll make sure I use /log.

spoke too soon. activity log has been emailed.

Jon, is this the same issue that I have that I emailed you about?

I still can't get any of the betas to install in VS2010.  The error I get is:

The 'ViEmuTen.ViEmuTenPackage, ViEmuTen, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' package did not load correctly.

Amol, thanks. Arhughes, not sure. We have to look into this in detail.

Can you try Beta 6 just to make sure? I just released it now:

http://www.viemu.com/blog/2010/06/24/viemuvs2010-beta-6/

Regards,

-- Jon

Beta6:

1. ctrl-f binding is broken again.
2. If I search for a word by "#", and then hit '' to get back, it instead inserts a '.
3. :se nohlsearch does not turn off hlsearch, but instead inserts a completion string from VAX.

Hopefully these are all fixed in the latest official one, 2.5.7:

http://www.viemu.com/blog/2010/08/16/viemuvs2010-257-with-visual-assist-and-resharper-support/

Let us know if not!

We are still working in other, different integration issues with Visual Assist, for the next release (2.5.8), due out in a few days to a few weeks.