Re: VS2010 defaults to visual mode?

ViEmu on my VS2010 defaults to visual mode as soon  as I go to Insert. How do I turn that off?

I don't understand the issue - does it mean that when you press 'i' it goes into visual mode? I haven't seen this. Can you please explain better? Also, please check with the latest version, which fixes a few issues.

No, when I first click in any file, it is in Visual mode. This wasnt the case for me in vs2008

To help us look into this - can you describe in detail the sequence of steps to reproduce this? Do you open a file with File|Open, or for the solution explorer, do you have any previous files open or not, etc...? All this will be very helpful (as I can't repro it myself in a general case). Maybe you have some other 3rd party add-in installed? Let us also know, as it could easily be the cause.

This happens to me too. It seems random, I just tried switching around the open documents, sometimes it switches to visual mode, but I can't reproduce it consistently. And if I escape to Normal mode, sometimes the is still shows the pipe cursor, instead of the block cursor.

Also, is it possible to have the Visual Mode cursor in different color than the Insert Mode cursor? Due to the problem mentioned above, I frequently find myself starting to type thinking it was Insert Mode and inadvertently entering visual mode commands, and ended up lowercasing whole documents or worse.

I think my thread is related to this.  I have an example that will produce this behavior:

http://www.viemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2739

Kingkaeru, thanks, we're looking into these points.