Re: Pasting copy buffer when file is read-only

Hi Jon,

Just checking if you have had time to fix the problem I mentioned a while back.

If you yank 100 lines of code, switch file to one that is read-only, and then paste you get 100 warning messages saying "The file is read-only". The warning is great but it would be nice if it only appears once smile

Thanks

Todd
@naturalmotion.com

Hi Todd,

I apologize, I haven't had the time to look at it - I've been trying to get ViEmu/Word+Outlook to an alpha stage and got sucked in a small nightmare. I will definitely have a look at it and get back to you asap.

Best regards,

Jon

Hi J,
I just upgraded to 2.1 from an older 2.0.x build and this feature just started showing up.

Is this something that I can turn off?  I didn't see anything obvious in the Options or via :set

thanks.

Hi Sticks,

What do you want to turn off? The only-warning-once behavior? Why would you want to?

Just trying to understand the request.

Best regards,

Jon

Hi J, sorry for the ambiguity.

I'd like to be able to turn off the warning altogether. Or, make it just beep and put a message on the little command line thingy.

I dislike the modal dialog as I typically don't care if a file is read-only or not. (I realize that others may, but I don't.)

Ah ok, now I understand smile

Noted for the next build. I'll probably need to add the behavior to other commands to to make it consistent.

Best regards,

Jon

thanks, as always.

I just added the user setting in ViEmu/VS 2.1.3, off by default. Details and a link to download here:

http://forums.ngedit.com/viewtopic.php?id=182

Thanks, it works great.

You're welcome!