Re: No Wrapscan

This is a wonderful product.

But please add a few more vi options.  In particular, :set nows.  I've had that set since the early 1980s and it's confusing me completely not having it.

Thanks,
Cliff.

Cliff, thanks for the praises. I'll have a look at including that for 2.1, which I'm preparing right now, and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot for the feedback,

Jon

Cliff, I've uploaded 2.0.44 with :set [no]wrapscan ([no]ws) support:

http://forums.ngedit.com/viewtopic.php?id=117

Let me know if it doesn't work as expected.

Best regards,

Jon

YAY, thanks.

Off to test it.

Cliff.

Seems to work fine.

Many thanks,
Cliff.

Thanks for letting me know!

- Jon

Hi,

First let me say that you're my hero! VI is still the best editor on the planet (notwithstanding Emacs heretics who will be purged in fire and blood! ;-) and now being able to use VI commands within VS2005 is just... words fail me as to my euhoria!

Aaaanyway, there seems to be a teeny problem with wrapscan: it doesn't enter #region.

Say I do a simple /search for a pattern and then skip through them with 'n', it will stop when it finds a #region containing the pattern, but a) will not enter it and b) will just stop there and 'n' won't continue.

Funnily enough backwards works partially: 'N' will not enter the region either, but will at least wrap through the document from pattern to pattern, starting at the bottom again, if needs be.

Mike

[EDIT: forgot to mention this is 2.0.53]

Last edited by Marakai (2007-01-24 23:50:02)

Thanks a lot for the compliments and for the feedback. I'll have a look at it and try to fix it somehow. It should certainly open up the #region. What language are you working in? It might have something to do with the problem.

I think I won't be able to look at this before next week, but I'll come back to you as soon as I have a chance to look at it (and it shouldn't be too tough to fix).

Best regards and thanks,

Jon

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using C#.

Mike

Thanks for letting me know, I'll get back to you as soon as I have some more info.

The "search-not-entering-folded-region" bug has been fixed in 2.0.61, details here:

http://forums.ngedit.com/viewtopic.php?id=182

Regards,

Jon

Beauty! Just installed it, will test in a bit.

Mike