Re: Fast file open?

In visual studio you can type ctrl-shift-g to open a filename listed under the cursor from your solution.  A common trick then was to open a search dialog (ctrl-f) type the filename you are looking for and hitting ctrl-shift-g to load it.   This is really handy when your project is large and your .h and .cpp files are spread out across different folders.  Obviously ctrl-f no longer works (no big deal) with viemu, besides that is not the vi way.

I would like to replicate this somehow using the vi command mode.  My thinking would be to make a script that maps say :open <file>  to Edit.OpenFile.  Is there an appropriate Vi command that I should be mapping this to and how do I go about making the script?

David

Wow, am I behind the curve.  :e <filename> already works and it appears to use the solution space to map filenames to paths, very slick.   Thanks for solving my problem before I even knew what it was.

David

Not to be chatty, but in the future this would be even slicker if it supported tabs (auto complete) and wildcards.  keep up the good work.

David

David, thanks for the feedback. I plan to include tab autocompletion in a future release - still some work to do before that, but it will be there.

You can also make Ctrl-F work as before by reassigning the keybinding (let me know if you want to do this, so that I can provide more detailed instructions). Keypresses can also be mapped through ViEmu to Visual Studio commands, by using the :vscmd ex command, although it's not fully flexible as there is no way to pass in arguments.

Thanks and best regards,

Jon