Re: ViEmu moved to www.viemu.com, and new vi/vim cheat sheet and tutorial

Hi,

I have just moved all ViEmu related pages over to http://www.viemu.com - the old ones still work, but they refer to the new ones, and they will eventually be phased out.

What's nicer news is that I have prepared & uploaded a quite nice vi/vim graphical cheat sheet, sporting a colorful keyboard layout, and a graphical cheat sheet based tutorial. You can find it here:

http://www.viemu.com/a_vi_vim_graphical_cheat_sheet_tutorial.html

This should be a much nicer way to learn vi/vim than other text-based tutorials out there, and you can print out a large keyboard map for reference (SVG vector versions are also provided).

Hope you like it!

That cheat sheet is VERY nice.

Thanks a lot. It's driving enormous traffic today, via reddit.com and del.icio.us/popular.

Some people have already requested a dvorak version, someone is already preparing one!

I like the graphical cheat sheet.  But the parsing of "words", with vim's default keywords, should be:

|res| |:=| |base| |+| |v||.||offset;|

Greg

Or, without the smiley icon:  |res| |:=| |base| |+| |v||.||offset;|

Gregor, thanks for the pointer. I plan to fix several problems of the cheat sheet and release a "1.1" version this weekend.

admin wrote:

Some people have already requested a dvorak version, someone is already preparing one!

Has anyone made available a Dvorak version of the Gaphical Cheat Sheet and Lessons?
I find vi works quite well with Dvorak keyboard layout.

The *.svg versions of the posted QWERTY sheets can easily be edited in Adobe Illustrator to move around the symbols, but I would rather not duplicate someone else's work if it has already been done.

Thank you.

Quick question: What about the forum? Is it going to be moved to the ViEmu web site or are you going to keep it in the ngedit one?

Nando, I will probably move it some time. As soon as I can find some time for it, it definitely makes more sense. And I'm looking into moving most of the things in ngedit.com, so it's pretty likely.

I'll send out an email the day I do it, though, and I'll also probably set a redirector.