Re: Evaluating ViEmu a couple of bumps in the road

First, I am very pleased with this add-in to Visual Studio.  I have been using vi for essentially as long as it has existed, and I'll be darned if I am going to change now.

Two things however:
1) When I do a search and land in a "#region" it is not automatically expanded.  Is there an option to do this that I have overlooked?

2) Is there a key combination for switching buffers (open files)?  I tried Ctrl-W h,j,k,l with no luck. 

Thanks in advance
Pat O

One other thing I noticed does not work is gd to jump to the definition.  As VS supports jumping to the definition I assume there must be a way to do this programmatically.

Pat O

Hi,

I'll have a look the issues. Another user already reported the #region problem, I just haven't had time to check it due to the release of ViEmu/Word&Outlook yesterday, but I'll have a look at all pending ViEmu/VS issues next week.

You can switch buffers using :bn/:bd/:b {number}, Ctrl-^ (to go to the last one). I tend to use Ctrl-Tab/Ctrl-Shift-Tab, which are the built-in VS keybindings, but you can also bind any of the commands to another sequence (using VS's system for VS commands, or vi mappings for :bn/:bp etc).

Ctrl-w j,k works within splits of the same file (generated using :split or ^Wh).

You can use Ctrl-] to jump to definitions. I didn't know gd did that too, I'll try to add it to the next build.

Best regards and thanks for the feedback,

Jon

That's sounds good.  I didn't know about Ctrl-].  I guess that is part of what I like about vi, there is always another way to do something.

Pat O

The "search-not-entering-folded-region" bug has been fixed in 2.0.61, details here:

http://forums.ngedit.com/viewtopic.php?id=182

I've also implemented 'gd' the same way as vim, which is something similar to the following sequence:

yiw[[/^R"<cr>

But without destroying the contents of the clipboard.

Regards,

Jon