Re: Feature Request

ViEmu looks great. I've been switching between Linux and Windows development recently and I've been hooked on Vim since I tried it about six months ago. ViEmu looks like it is going to be a big help for me. I’m on the fifth day of my trial of ViEmu and I’m almost ready to register even if my employer won’t pay for it. Here are two Vim features I like to use but haven't found in ViEmu. In normal mode when you hit the ‘*’ (shift-8) Vim will perform a search on the word currently under your cursor. Also I like the Vim setting "hlsearch" that will highlight any matches for your searches.

Thanks
Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the compliments. Regarding the features: '*' should indeed work. The only reason I can think of it could seem to _not_ work is that case sensitivity is turned on for searching, and you are expecting case insensitive behavior. This can be changed temporarily using :set ignorecase, or permanently using Tools|Options|ViEmu or the _viemurc config file. Please tell me if this is not the case, as there might be some other problem and I'd like to fix it.

Regarding 'hlsearch', I'm planning to add support for it in the next major version of ViEmu. I'm already working in that release, but is taking a bit of work because of its quite wide scope. I'll let you know when it's ready.

'*' is working. It was the case sensitivity. I'm even more impressed.

Thanks J

You're welcome. I didn't think it would be that, but it was the only thing I could think of, and I'm glad it was!